Somewhere in the back of my mind I have always considered myself an artist (although I hesitate to award myself the title). From crayola crayons way back when to the charcoal and conte sticks that currently inhabit my pencil box, I have been drawing and sketching my way through life for as long as I can remember. However, due to heavy academic obligations (which are, unfortunately, not at all art centered) I haven't been with my sketch pad much lately. To bring art back into my life--and to feed my emaciated wallet--I have recently taken up figure modeling. Here I am documenting pieces of work, observations and experiences from both sides of the Easel.
****

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Old Companions

Nothing about this blog is ready for public viewing. But I figure I should start somewhere.
With the first stroke it becomes much easier to continue.

Here are some old sketches.
Old Companions.






Clearly my theme of choice is Portraits.
Portraits and Figures.
Human Faces and Bodies in normal speak.
Oh! And Eyes. Especially Eyes.

****

(I'm sorry about the poor image quality. I draw. I'm old fashioned. Not at all tech savvy. Furthermore I am tech-lazy. You'll get used to this)

No comments:

Post a Comment